Cameron
Called me tonight to ask for advice
Although she scoffed at the words spoken
Maybe this is her attempt at a conversation
Either way, I had to hold my tongue and not erupt
Rage sometimes tends to get the best of me in these mother-daughter standoffs
Only it was diferent tonight, tonight I kept my cool and turned the question back on her
"Never mind,"she said. "You wouldn't understand."
Maybe this is her attempt at a conversation
Either way, I had to hold my tongue and not erupt
Rage sometimes tends to get the best of me in these mother-daughter standoffs
Only it was diferent tonight, tonight I kept my cool and turned the question back on her
"Never mind,"she said. "You wouldn't understand."
I used to HATE acrostic poems. Every year at an attempt to teach poetry three-fourths of the staff would teach the students to write one. The kids usually produced tired, uninspired renditions based on the lackluster models that they were given.
Thanks to Amis, I have seen the possibilities and now appreciate the form.


2 comments:
It is so hard not saying something. This poem works.
Nope, not your typical acrostic! I probably would have missed it if you hadn't highlighted the letters. Very nice!
Post a Comment