Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Confession Tuesday
I am turning back the clock. "How?" you ask. Well it is simple; I am no longer admitting to my age. When I tell people how old I am they say things like, "I would have never guessed that you were a day over thirty-five." O.K. then, well now I'm not.
When I am at the gym and get tired because I am cranking up these fifteen pound weights for one hundred reps and the trainer points to the girl in front- who is also tired but doing it with a bit more ease- I won't look at him and say, "Yeah, I could do that too when I was twenty-five; I will just grin and bear it because I am thirty five again.
I am thirty five again, and I look Like Gabriel Union, and I will put on my high heeled pumps and my sexy dress and flaunt my new and improved age.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There are two kinds of people: Those who Write and those who don't
So stop by and jot down your thoughts....



6 comments:
Good for you! Age is nothing but a number. It's all about how you feel.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Fellow confessor: I like your style!
Okay, I think age is more than a number but I don't think you have to harp on it either. If 35 works for you, then 35 it is. Keep pumpin' those weights.
Oh, I stopped admitting my age ... well ... ages ago! I don't make myself younger, I just don't say how old I am. And Tisha, when I first started reading your blog, I thought you were in your 20s ... I have repeated had to remind myself that you much closer to my age than your picture would have me believe! So go on with your 35-year-old self!
Thank you, my Fellow Confessors. Your support makes me feel ageless.
Deepak Chopra(for you young'ins, not be be confused with Tupak Shakur)said, "I want you to suspend your assumptions about what we call reality so that we can become pioneers in a land where youthful vigor, renewal, creativity, joy, fulfillment, and timelessness are the common experience of everyday life, where old age, senility, infirmity, and death do not exist and are not even entertained as a possibility.
I concur!
I know Deepak's work. I've actually sat in his audience. I can embrace we can live pain free and with all our senses. :-)
Post a Comment