Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A lot like Gardening



This morning I hauled the bag of soil over to the hole that I dug, lifted the gardenia, and placed it carefully in it's new home. I shoveled the dirt back around the plant and patted it down before reaching for the hose to give it water. As I sat there with my hands in the dirt I I realized that this slice of life contest was a lot like my gardening . I took on a project, chose carefully how things were to be arranged and then tended to it daily. And as I write my last slice, and plant my last gardenia, I feel a sense of accomplishment and a sense of sorrow for what has come to an end. So now I step back and look for another project, in the garden and in the blogosphere.

4 comments:

Tara @ A Teaching Life said...

What a great way to put it! You are exactly right....

Anonymous said...

Great analogy now it's time to stay and keep slicing. What do you say?
Bonnie

GirlGriot said...

I love this slice. Your analogy is perfect. I've got my next blogging challenge lined up: National Poetry Month starts tomorrow!
~~Stacie

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

Thanks for your words at my blog, I thought I was lost land had no more meaning to life. Thank you for reminding me that everyone has a purpose, even a nobody like me.

There are two kinds of people: Those who Write and those who don't

So stop by and jot down your thoughts....
Powered By Blogger