
This Week's Confessions
1. I hated the book Eat, Pray, Love. I know it was on the New York Times Best Sellers List, but I found it to be an utter waste of my reading time. (I now know, that just because a lot of people like something, does not make it good.) At first I thought that maybe it was because I had just finished reading A Thousand Splendid Suns (a literary work of genius) so I picked it up again and gave it another try. That was not the reason; I still hated it. So no, I don't plan on seeing the movie.
2. My girlfriend called to say that she had good news. I thought that she was going to say that she got a promotion, or that she is writing a book. Instead she said that she was having a baby. I hesitated before I said congratulations. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for her, but with two grown kids I would have thought that a book would bring more joy at this stage of her life.
3. I love eating ice. I go to the store and buy bags of it. When I get home I blend it, put it in a large bowl, and eat it with a spoon. To me it is better than chocolate or ice cream or all of the sweets in the world. Sometimes late at night I get ice cravings and I go to the freezer and fill up a cup with ice cubes. I have to eat it downstairs because my husband hates the sound of crunching ice (go figure).


1 comment:
I hated the book Eat, Pray, Love too. I'm glad to have some company:-)
Post a Comment