Tuesday, March 10, 2009

At Last













Slice of Life day 10


Every night I trudge upstairs with a thermos of hot water, three bottles, and formula. And every night,like clock work, I am awoken at 1:00 A.M. and 4:00 A.M. for feeding time.

Last night, however, was the first night that I got a good night sleep in months. Caleb is almost six-months-old and it is the first night that he had no milk when he woke up. He did wake up, but he drank water. He whined, I rolled over, grabbed the bottle of water, and stuck it in his mouth. Not too pleased, he spit out the bottle, turned his head, and went back to sleep. Due to my body now being conditioned to wake up at 4:00 to feed him I did just that, but he was sound asleep. I rubbed his face, and kissed his head, but still no movement. I finally went back to sleep.

Now if I could just get him to sleep in his crib!









4 comments:

GirlGriot said...

He's so beautiful, Tisha! Caleb is my nephew's name, too. I really like that name. So glad you got to sleep a little better than usual. I hope this is the start of a new trend!

Lynnelle said...

What a beautiful baby boy!! Hoping this is just not a one night thing and he continues to sleep!

Kimberly and Ed said...

Ohhh...Caleb is adorable. Hopefully he will soon sleep through the night so you can get some rest.

BK said...

No blogging award for me, but I'm still here and going strong. Great that your son let you sleep. I can imagine.
Bonnie

There are two kinds of people: Those who Write and those who don't

So stop by and jot down your thoughts....
Powered By Blogger