Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Childhood















Slice of Life Day 3


Cailin ran into the house, dropped her back pack on the sofa and raced towards the door. "Where are you going?" I asked.
"Next door to play with Alex," she replied.
I sat back down at the kitchen table and continued talking to my girlfriend about what little money we have left in or 401 k's, the state of the nation and other weighty topics. All the while, my six year old daughter and the little boy from next door ran through the kitchen, out the back door, around the house and through the kitchen again.
On their fourth revolution I stopped them and asked what they were doing.
"We are playing cowboys," Alex stated as he looked up at me.
"And I'm the cow," Cailin added, figuring that if he was the boy the only other option was the cow.

-The innocence of childhood!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the innocence of youth. This is beautiful. S

GirlGriot said...

Too funny! I love her logic. It's so perfectly ... logical! And she's just adorable, too.

Hey, thanks for linking to my site on blackeyedsusans! You've sent a couple of really interesting ladies my way. I'll be checking out that site regularly!

Thinking Aloud said...

GirlGriot,

Sending them over was my pleasure. I love happening upon interesting bloggers so I decided to share the wealth!

Dogtrax said...

hahaha
I love the cow comment and it reminds us how kids see the world, and our language, in different ways, from different angles.
Kevin

susan said...

Hilarious! Sorry, I wear that word out.

And thank you for sending me to GriotGirl. You are so right about her writing.

There are two kinds of people: Those who Write and those who don't

So stop by and jot down your thoughts....
Powered By Blogger