
I felt a tug at my heart this morning when I realized that Cameron was gone. This trip for the most part was better than I anticipated. We didn't argue much (once we got past the hair issue) and we actually got to spend some quite time alone. I suppose that it is because she is growing up, maturing, becoming a woman. She will be sixteen next week.
She is gone and I will miss her. I told her that we could keep in touch by facebook; she said she only facebooks with kids her age. She said that we can Skype, and that she will call more regularly; I agreed as long as it is not just to ask for things.
I will see her in June, but until then I will miss her.
Happy Birthday Cameron!


3 comments:
Sometimes the hardest thing for me, as a parent, is to limit my expectations such that I can fully enjoy the moments that I have and the times spent together. It isn't perfect - I am not perfect... but it seems easier when my expectations are less or do not exist.
This is really beautiful and so heartfelt. Thank you for sharing and Happy Birthday Cameron!
I'm with Virginia. I've learned the hard way to do my best to not put expectations on my experiences (especially with my girls) and they are far less stressful and sad for it.
At 16, you're loved but your not the top of her list. And that's really okay. Trust me. She'll be back and needing you and she'll expect you to be fully present for her.
Have some chocolate or wine.
Post a Comment