Sunday, March 29, 2009

Away For the Weekend



We dropped Cameron at the airport and went up to the house in the mountains (Cerro Azul) this weekend. I love going up there; it is so peaceful and relaxing. We carry the cell phone (in case of an emergency), we carry books, a few dvd's for the little ones (they can only tolerate so much quite before they make their own brand of noise) and we carry a select group of cd's (for the times when we are not listening to the birds, the river, or the welcoming sound of quiet) for our auditory enjoyment.

Books:
Kindred- giving it a try as an adult
Speak-to read with one of my 6th grade book clubs
Casa y Campo- always looking for decorating ideas

Music:
The Best of Nina Simone
The Best of Diane Reeves
Tuck and Patty: Pure, A Gift of Love
Jill Scott- Who is Jill Scott, Beautifully Human
Midnight- Any cd will do

This weekend I contemplated getting cable service so that we could get a phone and a computer in the house. But then I came home and checked my long list of waiting emails and looked at the flashing light indicating that there were voice mails to be heard and decided against it.

We go away to get away, not to stay connected!

So here is my weekend slice doubled!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like a little piece of heaven.

ahnka said...

What do I need to do to have a house up in the mountains?

Thinking Aloud said...

Hello Ahnka,
I paid my dues to the Department of Ed. and When I left (because I am many years away from retirement)I had a pretty little nest egg. An ostrich egg to be exact.
So where ever your journey takes you next, just remember to put away for a sunny day.

And yes Becky, but it is a whole big slice!

susan said...

Oh, love me some Tuck and Patty! And Dianne Reeves. Great music. Good books. Hope Kindred was better this time. Would like to know her 6th graders process Speak. A recent discussion among teens had me very worried about how teens respond to serious topics and other teens' traumas.
Have you read The Meaning of Consuelo? It's a little dated, but I really enjoyed it.

There are two kinds of people: Those who Write and those who don't

So stop by and jot down your thoughts....
Powered By Blogger