Sunday, March 8, 2009

My First Slice of Life

Slice of Life Day 8



Digging through a box of photos this morning, I came across a picture of my husband taken twenty-five years ago. At that time he wasn't my husband, but he was my first slice of life.

We were just teenagers hanging out at the beach trying to impress each other. He was tall, handsome and funny; I was smart, sarcastic, and cute. At that time he wasn't even someone that I might have thought that I would marry. Our ideas about life were so different then, we were so different then.

Joe and I came back into each others lives twenty-two years later. During that time I had been married, divorced, had children, and had been widowed. During that time we both lived and learned from our living.

And now our coming together was right on time.

So here's to another slice.


4 comments:

Lennye said...

What a neat story you've got to tell us more! Were you classmates, or did your families know each other?

BK said...

Now that's truly romantic. Nice to read as the news is so depressing...
Bonnie

GirlGriot said...

That's an amazing and wonderful story. Sounds as if he was a slice way back when, but the whole pie today!

Thinking Aloud said...

Thank you guys for your comments!
I will tell more, and yes, he is the whole pie. But don't tell him that:)

There are two kinds of people: Those who Write and those who don't

So stop by and jot down your thoughts....
Powered By Blogger