Friday, March 6, 2009

Here's to the Weekend

Slice of Life Day 6

My husband travels for work, and lately he has been gone several days a week. At first it was hard: I couldn't sleep well, I called him often, I longed for his company. But lately I secretly look forward to his going. Well, not actually his going as much as my being alone. Well, not actually being alone because the kids are here, but being able to: spread all of magazines across the bed, sleep in the middle, watch movies and talk on the phone at the same time, and take a long bubble baths.

I have my night planned; Il have take-out Thai food, a bottle of wine that a friend recommended, and a stack of movies. The nanny has the kids occupied, so here's to my semi-freedom!
Publish Post

3 comments:

Kimberly and Ed said...

I also look forward to the times I am alone. For me it is coffee, chocolate, and movies my husband doesn't like but I love. Enjoy!

Lynnelle said...

The middle of the bed is my fav too!

Lennye said...

Enjoy your night!

There are two kinds of people: Those who Write and those who don't

So stop by and jot down your thoughts....
Powered By Blogger