
The idea is to find a color or two, write the phrase on a card, and then write down the associations you have with the phrase. Do a five minute free-write, and then turn your musings into a poem.
Wet Concrete- Benjamin Moore 2114-40
She's Sixteen
legs long
eyes inviting
smile beckoning
She's sixteen and still
forming
molding
not set
not quite ready
to let go
or
to be let go of


4 comments:
this poem makes me think of my "little" sister, whose photos on Facebook make me CRINGE sometimes...I'm so afraid some jerk will stomp on her smooth surface before the cement has set. Parenting must take a LOT of courage...
Beautiful poem!
You know, I thought of Cameron all day on Saturday. I spoke to Robin Flowers briefly on Friday and mentioned that Cameron was turning 16 the following day. Flowers and I mused about the years that so quickly pass and that, at some point in life, time can only be measured by the growth of those you've seen since childhood. I still see Cameron in my mind's eye as a thumb sucking four year old. Congratulations, Mommy, on a job well done...so far (because she's still growing..."setting").
love you,
Reg
Thanks Zetta and Reg,
Yes, parenting does require courage, patience and the ability to let the cement dry on its own.
This is beautiful ... I remember my daughters at sixteen .. you captured them well.
Post a Comment