Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Joe


List all of your old flames. Try to go back as far as your first kiss in the 2nd grade coat closet. Sit with your list. Depending on your mood today, choose the flame with the most sparks, or pin the list on the wall and throw a dart. Whatever your method or mood, write a poem about an old flame.

If all else flames fails, write a list poem giving your old flames new names.


Married to My First Love

Journeys lead on to journeys and our lives took different paths
Only to reconnect now, years later, youth vanished
Entering each others lives as adults is all the sweeter

4 comments:

susan said...

Love at this stage is sweeter. Cool beans you're writing for the challenge.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!!

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

Oh I remember back in the day ... but I have forgotten his name. Old age will do that. I like this.

GirlGriot said...

This is beautiful. I really like this prompt and may try it for today's tanka, even though I'm late.

I love the story of you and your husband finding your way back to each other. (Though I have to remain hopeful that I will not be marrying or being in any way involved with my first love!)

There are two kinds of people: Those who Write and those who don't

So stop by and jot down your thoughts....
Powered By Blogger