Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Shopaholic


I must admit that I love clothes, shoes, perfume, and all of the other things that you can purchase at Bloomingdale's, Saks Fifth Avenue, and the million other boutiques that line the streets of Manhattan.

I love books: nonfiction, fiction, hardcover, paperback, and the racks and racks of magazines found in any Barnes and Nobles, Borders, or local books stores around the town.

I love to buy things for my house: candles, soaps, picture frames and lamps.

It is hard to stop shopping. Alcoholics have a twelve-step program that involves the following: admitting the problem, recognizing a greater power for strength, examining past errors, making amends for these errors, learning to live a new life with the changed behavior, and helping others that suffer the same addiction.

I have never been big on drinking. I prefer a red suede Dolce and Gabana pump to a strawberry Martini any day, but these steps make sense to me too.

So here I am at step one, admitting the problem; "I am a shopaholic."

No comments:

There are two kinds of people: Those who Write and those who don't

So stop by and jot down your thoughts....
Powered By Blogger