Monday, November 30, 2009

Since When Do Boyfriends Know Anything?:The Cameron Chronicles



Cameron, my sixteen year old, called me last night to tell me that she had a virus on her lap top. She said that she depends on her laptop to complete her assignments and that this is a major problem (tell me something I don't know). She said that she gets these weird pop ups and that the way to fix this problem is with a download that she is unable to download. So like any rational, forward thinking person, I asked her, "Who told you this?"
"Carlos," she replied.
"Carlos, your boyfriend Carlos; since when is he a computer technician?" I asked.
"Well, he once had a similar problem with his computer," she retorted.
I tried to tell her why she should go to a licensed technician to diagnose and correct the problem, but all I heard was Carlos's name one too many times.

I said nothing else because I obviously did not know as much as Carlos.

Then I realized, at this age, friends and boyfriends seem to know more than parents, or so they think!

No comments:

There are two kinds of people: Those who Write and those who don't

So stop by and jot down your thoughts....
Powered By Blogger