Saturday, March 20, 2010

Customer Service


Today was my day of downloads. On my kindle I downloaded SHUTTER ISLAND, by Dennis Lehane, A RELIABLE WIFE, by Robert Goolrick, LOOK AGAIN, by Lisa Scott and THE ELEGANCE OF THE HEDGEHOG by Muriel Barbery.
Then I plugged in my iPod and downloaded Tuck and Patti's PURE, THE FALL, by Norah Jones (It is not like her first album. It is more like country gone wrong.) And then I accidentally ordered an Usher song 4 times. Normally I would have just chalked it up to a mistake and eat the $6.00 loss, but having nothing better to do, I contacted iTunes customer service.
I saw the icon to contact them via email but I called instead. To my surprise the voice on the other end was pleasant, English speaking and located somewhere within the 50 states. While contacting the proper departments to take care of my problem we talked about books, movies and music. She said my name correctly, I never had to repeat information, and never had to raise the decibel of my voice. In the end she credited me for the 3 songs and threw in two extra credits for good measure.
To say that I was pleased with the whole experience would be an understatement!

2 comments:

Alan j Wright said...

What an uplifting on line surprise! We don't always experience such edifying moments out there in the great unknown. Often it is a labarynthine maze of transfers. A surprise indeed. Savour this...

Anonymous said...

I won't spoil how wonderful this sounds by asking how many buttons you had to press to get there, but dang! Two free downloads!! How nice!!

I was at the local Applebees yesterday, a quick decision when nothing else seemed possible. For all that Applebees doesn't offer (from atmosphere to clean utensils) I was so pleasantly please with the server that I left her a 45% tip. Yes, me who does not believe in tipping!

Do businesses finally get that customer service matters??

There are two kinds of people: Those who Write and those who don't

So stop by and jot down your thoughts....
Powered By Blogger