Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Grocery Shopping


Day 10

I am doing a 21 day cleanse with a co-worker. It is not that strenuous considering I don't eat meat, fish or dairy to begin with. We decided that we will each cook a certain night and bring lunch for each other the following day.
Tonight I went to Riba Smith grocery store to shop for the necessary ingredients. I must tell you that I don't like grocery shopping unless it is to buy cleaning products. I could spend all day choosing laundry detergents, fabric softeners, room sprays, scouring agents and sponges. Yes, to me there is nothing like the scent of Formula 409 to let you know that everything is as clean as it should be. Riba Smith, Super 99, and El Ray just don't get me in the grocery shopping mood.
In the U.S. shopping for groceries is different. One of my favorite grocery stores is Publix. It has a go green isle and they even have a mission statement:
Our Mission at Publix is to be the premier quality food retailer in the world.

To that end we commit to be:
  • Passionately focused on Customer Value,
  • Intolerant of Waste,
  • Dedicated to the Dignity, Value and Employment Security of our Associates,
  • Devoted to the highest standards of stewardship for our Stockholders, and
  • Involved as Responsible Citizens in our Communities.
Now that is what I call service! Shopping Publix is like shopping in your favorite mall. The selection, the variety, the wide isles, easy listening music and skillfully placed lighting, items priced correctly and helpful employees.
Boy do I miss it.

No comments:

There are two kinds of people: Those who Write and those who don't

So stop by and jot down your thoughts....
Powered By Blogger