Friday, March 5, 2010

Instant Gratification


O.K., So today I downloaded three more books on my 6'' display global wireless kindle . That makes nine downloaded books on my
home page, seven free samples, two newspaper subscriptions(
I clip and save entire articles all the time), and 12 books that have been archived. Editors' Picks, Oprah's Book Club, New York Times Best Sellers List, and Award Winners; name the special feature and chances are that I have downloaded from the list.
I am reading four of the nine books at once, and bookmarking and note taking as I go along. I love the dictionary feature! I look up the definitions and bookmark
them so that I can use it in a sentence(ever so naturally) the following day.
I bought a leather cover so that it won't get scratched(I carry it everywhere); then I purchased a pink tranquility protective decal skin sticker
that matches my leather cover. Last week I ordered the Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 Clip-On Light(love it) and now I can stay up even later reading the nine books on my home page.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the smell and feel of Barnes and Nobles,but something has to be said for this instant gratification!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had my Kindle since the start and I love it more and more but when the Ipad come out and is revised, I'm sure I'll be moving on...

During our last vacation I had my Kindle filled with books and one lone paperback that does not have a Kindle edition. It was not a much fun anymore to read that lone real book.
Oh well, enjoy!
Bonnie

Thinking Aloud said...

Bonnie-I know exactly what you mean about the paperback. I too may venture out and purchased an I pad. Just another gadget to add to the collection!

Nancy Cavillones said...

I don't know... I still love the feel of a real, live book, the pleasure of browsing the stacks at the bookstore or the library. I spend so much time on my computer that to sit and read a real book is a treat for my eyes. Call me old-fashioned but I think instant gratification is overrated!

There are two kinds of people: Those who Write and those who don't

So stop by and jot down your thoughts....
Powered By Blogger