Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Lovely Bones


I don't know about you, but I refuse to see the movie before I have read the book. For a year now I have been promising myself to read The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebolo, but there always seemed to be another book that would jump to the top of my list. This morning on my way to school I grabbed my kindle and downloaded it (I am addicted to the kindle download). I began reading during period A because I had a break, and I have been reading it every chance I get. I even bypassed lunch to see what was going to happen to Susie, and how Lindsey was going to cope.
I am hooked. I love when I get so into the plot and the characters that I think about them as though they are real people, people that I know. Today I found myself asking how I would have consoled Lindsey, and if it is sometimes better not to say anything at all.
Then at 3:00 a student came to see me with a problem. I listened and offered advice, but with teenagers you never quite know if you are saying the right thing. You are never truly sure of their perceptions and put offs. I hope that I was able to steer him in the right direction.
If you read this and I didn't, know that I am sorry and that I tried.

3 comments:

Christine Sloan said...

I totally agree with you! I love reading books and then watching the movie after it. This is a wonderful book and you must go see the movie after you finish. It is imaginative and I was curious about how it was seen through someone else's eyes.

Anonymous said...

Loved the book---reread it at the start of this year. Still havn't seen the movie yet---hopefully soon. I hope to hear more about what you think.

ashley

Tracey said...

I found The Lovely Bones a tough read. Beautiful prose, agonizing tale.

I also empathize with your lingering doubts as to whether you helped that kid this afternoon. We do our best.

There are two kinds of people: Those who Write and those who don't

So stop by and jot down your thoughts....
Powered By Blogger