
They rushed into class eager to tell their stories of first dates, potential tsunamis, and motorcycle mishaps. "No, not yet," I replied. "Save it for your Slice of Life."
"What are the prizes?" Someone asked.
"That should not be what gets you to write," another answered.
"I will post them on the blog," I said.
"Is it obligatory to participate?"
"No it is not, but I will also give extra credit to those who do participate," I retorted.
"Then if I don't, I miss out on the prize and extra credit?"
"But if you do, you are opening yourself up to the possibilities that writing provides, to a fabulous selection of gifts and credit for working toward a goal and accomplishing it."
He sat there for a while weighting the pros and cons and then said, "I'm in."
I smiled, gave him a thumbs up, and began today's lesson.


4 comments:
You "hooked" them:-) I look forward to reading their writing!
Success! Yay!!! :)
I love the fact that you talked about the gifts writing provides. What a swell way to get them to write!
-Stacey
Excellent! Nice to be back here checking in with you, T. Think I'll talk with my kids about slicing when we meet tomorrow!
Post a Comment