Monday, March 16, 2009

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow:The Cameron Chronicles







Slice of Life #16



So there we are at Talkin Heads, and she is about to get a hair cut.
I downloaded pictures of Rhianna earlier that day so that she would have an idea of a cut.
"I'm not cutting my hair that short!" she said, as she held the pictures at her side.
"Well, you destroyed what parts of your hair had length; now it is time for a rebirth," I stated.
"I am not cutting my hair that short," she snorted, looking at the hair dresser who was now caught in the middle.
She flung herself in the chair and avoided looking at me through the mirror, all the while, making faces of displeasure.
"No estan corto," Luis said, looking at her apologetically.
"Yes it is," she complained, pulling her hair from his hand that held the scissors.
"Lo Siento Luis, Lo siento" I whispered.
He looked at me as if to say, "I understand"; but unless you are a mother, unless you are a mother of a teenager, unless you are the mother of a teen aged girl; you really couldn't truly understand.
"Day three," I said to myself,"day three."

6 comments:

GirlGriot said...

So curious to know how the cut turned out. I cut mine off years ago, down to the 3/4" of new growth so I could get rid of my relaxed hair. It took me a couple of days to adjust to being "bald" ... you know, and looking like a boy (not) ... but then I loved my short-short hair!

Deborah Godin said...

A slice, a gem! The relationship energy here is palpable - really enjoyed this!
(and thanks for your visit and comment, much appreciated)

Claudia said...

I'm really enjoying reading about your experiences with your daughter. Hang in there! Mine is not yet three years old, so I need good role models to follow for the day when she is a teenager....!

susan said...

I'm on my second passage of teenagedom!My girls are ten years apart. What was I thinking?! My youngest has been living with her dad. It's time for high school and we've agreed she should be with me. We, meaning her father and I. I have a rough time with weekends. Oh, well. I gave birth to her, I'll have to live with her.

How did the visit end?

Thinking Aloud said...

Hey Susan,

Yes, having a teenaged daughter is no joke!

How did it end? We have a week and a half left to go.

Thinking Aloud said...

Thanks Claudia,

I wish that I could say that it only gets better, but you seem like a nice person, and I don't want to lie to you :)

There are two kinds of people: Those who Write and those who don't

So stop by and jot down your thoughts....
Powered By Blogger