Slice of Life day 5Things That Irk Me at Work Are:
- Unnecessary meetings during your prep periods-Prep periods are for preparing, or have they not gotten the memo.
- Teachers who count down the days left in the school year-Because the kids deserve more.
- Students who have $800.00 I-Phones and no ink in their printer at home-Priorities please(This might be a private school dilemma).
- The custodians who make more than teachers-Nothing else need be said.
- Codes for the copy machines-If I were copying workbook pages I would understand, but the students need mentor texts.
- School Librarians who think that the books are part of their personal collection-As much as they like them, the books are for the borrowing.
- Students who leave for Christmas break two weeks early and want you to prepare make-up work for them (This too might be a private school dilemma).
- Teachers who arrive at 8:00 and leave at 3:00-Because the kids deserve more.
- Students who say,"I've missed my prep period-HELLO, it's not your PREP period!
- P.E. teachers who get paid the same amount to-dare I say organize- a game of dodge ball (Yeah, organized dodge ball is an oxymoron).
- Teachers who don't diviate from the text book-There is a world of literature not entitled Houghton Mifflin.


5 comments:
Here! Here! I am worn out from meetings during my planning time. Also, how do other teachers leave at 3:00? There are folks leaving the parking lot before I can even get back to my room!
My second year of teaching, we were sitting at the first day inservice and I was next to a woman I didn't really know. She was drawing so I took a peak. At the top of her page she had written (and totally decorated) "ONLY 179 DAYS TO GO!!!"
On the first day! She was already counting down. Pathetic. There are other careers for people like that.
I am so with you! I could just copy and paste if I didn't feel it wouldn't be right.
But my list would be with you!
Bonnie
I could relate to many of the things that irk you, but you didn't hit my top two annoyances (maybe they're a public school thing) which are:
Teachers who jam the photocopy machine, but then sneak away without ever letting anyone know there's a problem.
AND
Teachers who print reams of pages off the computer printer, but never EVER pick it up.
Life would be pretty good if those two issues could disappear!
Thanks for commenting!
I am sure that there are many more to add. Perhaps I should just keep a running list.
Post a Comment