Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Bloggers Concerns



Slice of Life day 19



I have been Blog hopping and reading some fantastic posts; stories about turning down wrong streets, Sushi for lunch, waiting for hockey husbands, and more....(Then I cringe on the days that I can't seem to write a thing.)

As I pop into these blogging sites, I become ever increasingly curious as to how these people have such beautiful pages. People like Rebecca or, Lynnelle, or (if I name more I might sound really jealous).

Then there are people who have these long list of followers like Blackeyedsusans, or A youngLady's Book Lounge. (I worry that if I were to do a followers list there would be an empty box.)

Am I alone here, or does anyone else have the same wonderings?

10 comments:

Letterpress said...

There's tips and techniques for the beautiful sites (I agree with you--mine's so plain-jane)--just look in the upper left corner and you might see a teensy set of words "cutest blog on the block." Click on that. It's a website that will teach you how to place beautiful "skins" (that's what they're called) on your blog. You do have to switch to the Minima template on Blogspot, but it's really quite easy.

As far as the readers--I haven't a clue!

Fun post--
Elizabeth
http://peninkpaper.blogspot.com/

BK said...

I do think about those things but I keep right on posting and moving around the blogosphere leaving thanks and comments and hoping to increase my writing community.
I love challenges
Bonnie

Tracey said...

You know what I like about your blog page? Your "About Me" section. The rhythm and rhyme are terrific, and my sister and brother-in-law used to live in Brooklyn Heights, so your geographical references really resonate.

Lynnelle said...

First, thank you for the sweet compliment. I will be happy to share my secret...I use the cutest blog on the block website. They have awesome backgrounds and they are so easy.

Now in response to your other comments I absolutely have the same wonderings. In fact, I have really had to let go of my fears of what others might think about my slices.

Then I have days like today where I just had a simple day and nothing to really share. This is good for me because my students experience the same thing.

Hope you have a wonderful evening!

Lynnelle

Thinking Aloud said...

Thanks Lynnelle,

I can't wait for the information:) And yes, doing the writing and going through the same process as your students really helps you to appreciate their struggles and successes!

Thinking Aloud said...

Thanks Tracey,

Yesterday Rebecca said that she liked it as well. She said that I should think about putting it in my header. Perhaps I will!
As you can see, I do miss it!

Thinking Aloud said...

Thanks Bonnie, and Elizabeth!
I will keep on posting and searching for some skins!

Thinking Aloud said...

Look at me now! Thanks again Elizabeth.

susan said...

Dearest T, visit a teen blogger or a blogger who writes for teens and the number of followers on those blogs cast me in a whole different light.

I worried if anyone would follow. Don't, a lot of readers don't have Blogger so they are reading you through a different feed. And what we really want is to be heard and those who are listening often don't comment or publicly 'follow'.

Anyone who has visited your blog becomes a repeat visitor because you write well and your vibe is right. I was hooked first post.

Lastly, your blog title was a consideration for me, and I love your new layout.

GirlGriot said...

Late to the game, as usual ... you are definitely not alone here. I worry about all the same things ... worry that when I do find something to write about it will be something lame, worry that the people who were kind enough to read me today won't come back every again ...

A totally neurotic blogger, that's me.

Obviously I can't speak for others. But I know I will always be coming back to check out your blog. I get swamped with work and it takes me a while to catch up, but I eventually do.

There are two kinds of people: Those who Write and those who don't

So stop by and jot down your thoughts....
Powered By Blogger