Saturday, June 13, 2009

Got Poetry?


Marta Sanchez










Marta is a poet and artist from Panama.

Forgotten Stories
By Marta Sanchez

Some people
avoid short stories
They don't like: the feeling
that just as they are getting caught up
the moment
is over;
that the new characters they've met
have moved on
without them;
that they'll never know
what provoked their next laugh
or spilled
their next tear;
that they'll never learn
the words that
next
fell
from their
mouths.

"Forgotten Stories" is from her book titled Beauty Unbalanced. I am proud to say that Marta is a friend of mine. I own the book, and hope to purchase a painting in the very near future.

MARTA L. SANCHEZ: born 1978 in Panama City, Republic of Panama.
Marta Says:
"I was raised straddling diverse cultures, so I strive to capture the vibrant richness of the world around me. I take the things that come to me, whether physical, like feathers and flowers, or intellectual, like stories and experiences, and I incorporate them into my artwork. "
She graduated from Spelman College in 2000, and from the University of Virginia, School of Law in 2005. Now a full time artist and activist, using art as the most powerful tool for reaching communities and transforming society.

Marta adds, "Writing has been as central to the healing process as painting. I enjoy capturing moments, freely linking my today with my yesterday. For each painting there is a story or a poem, sharing these words in order to weave together a more complete picture of this journey."

Roll Call # 8- Got Poetry

Click on icon for more submissions.

2 comments:

susan said...

Oh, I'd be proud to say I know her, too.

You always share art and love and stories that enrich me.

Thank you.

GirlGriot said...

Tisha, this is beautiful. Thanks for introducing me to your wonderfully talented friend!

There are two kinds of people: Those who Write and those who don't

So stop by and jot down your thoughts....
Powered By Blogger