As I said before, I am back at work and things have started off great. But you know me, I have to have everything perfect, so I spend hours planning and reading, and reading and planning, and when I get thirty free minutes, I pick up a book for my enjoyment.
The students are reading The Catcher in the Rye and The House on Mango Street, and their annotations, reading journal comments, and in class discussions have been so full of thought and insight. They are also in the midst of writing vignettes and short stories based on their yearly theme and the individual stories read.
So I say all of this as sort of an explanation as to why I have not been here. But next week the kids will be introduced to blogging and then it will be on!
I can't wait to share some of their work with you.
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There are two kinds of people: Those who Write and those who don't
So stop by and jot down your thoughts....


2 comments:
This sounds like an excellent start to the school year. I love Mango Street and use it every chance I get in school. I was thinking of having one of my classes read it and write their own story in stories as Esperanza does.
And blogging ... I've been toying with that for both of my classes. Can't decide how we'd work it. I'll be interested to hear how your project pans out!
You have been sorely missed. Welcome back!
Post a Comment