Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It's Been a Long Time Since I Left You...

I had to go on a leave of absence and rejuvenate.
I am no longer teaching grade six: the grade that I have come to know, love, and master.
I suppose that is good because Lord knows how I hate complacency. This has given me an opportunity to reinvent myself and redefine what middle school education should look and feel like.
I am now teaching grades seven and eight. I have taught most of theses kids as sixth graders, save the new admits, but even they have gotten into the swing of things.
This school year has started off with swimmingly and I don't foresee choppy waters.

And New York, well, New York was everything that it was supposed to be. I caught up with some friends (I needed more time for this), ate at some fabulous restaurants (that cost a fortune), and got a whole lot of learning from the Summer Institute on the teaching of writing at Teacher's College.

It feels good to be back!

Publish Post

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!

GirlGriot said...

Hey, welcome back, Tisha!

There are two kinds of people: Those who Write and those who don't

So stop by and jot down your thoughts....
Powered By Blogger