
My cousin had a birthday party last night. I got dressed, waited for the nanny and then headed out. When I got there I expected to see many of the usual folk who attend his functions but they were not there. I was early(excited because I don't get out much) and there were only guys there at the time(which might have been a plus had I not been married).
As the night progressed I was happy to see the familiar faces that I had not seen since the last event; and elated to make a new acquaintance. Her name is Aliama and she is from New York. We talked for most of the night and reminisced about places that we love in all five boroughs. I felt like I knew her for years.
I love meeting new people and forming lasting friendships.


1 comment:
I also love feeling an instant connection with new people!
Post a Comment