Monday, March 8, 2010

To the Victor Goes the Spoils...




A winner:
  • the contestant who wins the contest
  • a gambler who wins a bet
  • achiever: a person with a record of successes
Are you a winner? Do you give your best all of the time? Is losing an option?
When I was growing up my dad gave me a poster that said, "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I looked at that poster everyday and it became my mantra. This doesn't mean that I come in first place all of the time, but I do succeed in everything that I set out to accomplish. Being a winner is about having a positive attitude and working hard towards your goal. Winning cannot come from ill gotten gains, and there is no such thing as luck.
Why am I telling you this you may wonder? How is this a slice of life?
Well it is because today I realized that not everyone loves a winner. I can't get into details but know that a winner never lets that stop them.

So if you are a winner continue too shine and let no one dim your light!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued now about what your hidden message is all about now. But I agree with the thought.
Bonnie

Thinking Aloud said...

Bonnie, the stories that I could tell but all I would say is, "Colleagues, who ever said that they were on the same league?"

There are two kinds of people: Those who Write and those who don't

So stop by and jot down your thoughts....
Powered By Blogger